Growing a business is hard work, especially if you are a new business owner. Getting used to the idea of being your own boss and having employees of your own is challenging. But when you add in the struggle of business growth while still trying to keep up with the day to day, it can seem impossible. Husband and wife business partners Jeff and Erin Youngren went from being employed in full-time jobs to managing their own business and employees in a short amount of time. They felt the same struggles you have and they made it through and grew their business exponentially utilizing community as a catalyst for business growth. Listen in as they outline their journey and strategy for growing a successful business.
From Employee to Employer
Both Jeff and Erin held down full-time jobs before they pivoted into their own business. The pivot to managing a team instead of just themselves was a hard transition to make. Along the way, they have learned secrets that make change easier and have prompted their business to flourish. As you listen to this conversation you’ll be inspired as Erin shares how allowing herself to be creative enabled huge growth.
Focusing on your vision will keep your joy from fading
It is easy to get discouraged in the day-to-day grind that you face as a business owner. Joy sometimes feels like a luxury you can no longer afford. However, joy is critical in the operation and growth of a business. It gives you the strength and determination to keep going when times get hard. In this episode of Converge, Erin and Jeff Youngren explain how staying focused on your vision can help you hold on to joy.
Community can help you keep your vision and grow your joy
Since vision is so important in the world of business, it stands to reason that anything that helps you keep that vision is equally important. Jeff and Erin Youngren know the importance of keeping their vision and have found that community can help them hold on to it. One thing they have discovered is that community is a powerful tool. Surrounding yourself with like-minded individuals who have your best interest in mind will help you stay focused on your goals and maintain your vision. Get more insight into this important aspect of growing a successful business – listen to this episode of Converge.
How can you create a community that will help your business grow?
Community building is hard. Especially if you are an introvert like Erin. On today’s episode of Converge Erin and Jeff Youngren explain how to build a community that will support you and your goals. Erin gives advice to fellow introverts who might feel overwhelmed with the prospect of being involved in close relationships and collaborative community. It’s not as hard as it seems if you follow Erin’s advice. Listen to this episode to hear the simple but powerful tips she’s got to share.
Outline of this great episode
- [0:22] Intro to Jeff and Erin Youngren
- [2:56] Jeff and Erin’s journey in photography and business
- [5:42] Pivoting to photography full time
- [6:00] Going from employees to employers
- [8:00] Creativity can help your business flourish
- [12:30] Having a vision can help you find joy in the day to day grind
- [13:50] How community can help you keep your vision and grow your joy
- [16:50] Shame can kill your ability to collaborate and grow
- [17:50] How can you find a community that will support you on your journey of growth and vision?
- [19:00] Being curious will enable you to grow your business
- [24:50] With great risk comes great reward
- [27:00] Even extroverts can focus on others and build relationships
- [30:59] What does it take to become clear on your vision and your goals?
- [32:30] Jeff and Erin will be speaking at the next GO summit.
Resources & Links mentioned in this episode
Connect with the Converge team: